Even though it’s hard to tell from the rainy and grey weather we’ve been having in NYC, summer is upon us! My favorite part of summer is the FOOD! I love a good BBQ! Seriously give me a hotdog straight off the grill and I will love you forever
- 1 Box of Pasta ( I used Tri-Color Rotini from Barilla)
- 1 Large Can of Black Olives (I used Goya)
- 2 Small Cans of Green Giant Mexicorn
- 1 whole package of Mozzarella Cheese Sticks (6 total) (I used Horizon Organic)
- Italian Salad Dressing (I used Wish-Bone Light Italian)
- The first thing I did was cook my pasta.
- While I was waiting for the water to boil I drained the corn & olives.
- I then quartered the olives and cut the cheese into thin slices.
- After my pasta was cooked & drained, I added cold water to the pasta to cool it off a bit so that my cheese wouldn’t melt the instant I mixed everything together.
- Next I combined all of my ingredients (pasta/olives/cheese/mexicorn) in a large bowl
- I added the Italian dressing to the bowl to taste (I used the entire bottle but you could use less for a more muted flavor)
- I mixed thoroughly to ensure that all of the flavors and salad dressing combined throughout the salad
- Refrigerate so that the flavors can set and get cold
Here’s what the finished product looks like: